Starting out with Cyber Security
Certified Network Principles
World-class information security certifications
What is a network? You hear the word all of the time, and you may have a vague idea about what it means. However, in today’s computing space, networks are EVERYTHING and a vague understand is just not enough. The Certified Network Principles course, or C)NP is here to help!
In this fun and fast paced course you will learn concepts and skills needed to plan, install, maintain, and troubleshoot today’s networks including wireless and server-based networks! Want to learn about new technologies like virtual networks and SD Networks found in many cloud architectures? We’ve got you covered, and then we move to physical components, TCP/IP Stack, OSI Model, switches, routers, wireless, and Bluetooth. Lastly, we finish up the C)NP with the knowledge you need to perform the day to day operations of an organization, so you will be able to secure and maintain an entire network!
The C)NP is a part of our Foundational Course Path
|Mile2 Certification Roadmap|
|100 Level Foundational Certifications|
Get All Foundation Courses in One Package
Foundational Course Pack
CSA1 - Security Awareness 1
CSA-2 - Security Awareness 2
CHT - Hardware Technician & COST - Operating Systems Technician
CNP - Certified Network Principles
Key Course Information
Live Class Duration: 5 Days
* Live Virtual Training
* C)HT, C)OST or equivalent knowledge
* Mile2 C)NP
- Module 1 – Intro to Network Fundamentals
- Module 2 –The Physical Networking Fundamentals
- Module 3 – TCP/IP Primer
- Module 4 – Connecting Networks with Switches and Routers
- Module 5 – Wireless Networking
- Module 6 – Security Principles
- Module 7 – Defending the Network
- Module 8 – Network Technology Boom
- Module 9 – Day to Day Networking
- Module 10 – Network Planning
Who Should Attend?
* End Users
* Employees with access to computers
Upon completion, the Certified Network Principles candidate will be able to competently take the C)NP exams well as the CompTIA Network+ exam. You will have the knowledge to keep a companies’ IP network infrastructure secure.
All Mile2 certifications will be awarded a 3-year expiration date.
There are two requirements to maintain Mile2 certification:
1) Pass the most current version of the exam for your respective existing certification
2) Earn 20 CEUs (Continuing Education Units) per year. You may submit your CEUs in your Mile2 inbox. These CEUs must fall under “Qualify Continuing Educational Activities).
Visit our certification renewal page for more information.
The Certified Network Principles, C)NP exam is taken online through Mile2’s Assessment and Certification System (“MACS”), which is accessible on your mile2.com account.
Do I have to purchase a course to buy a certification exam?
Do all Mile2 courses map to a role-based career path?
What Mile2 Courses/Tracks are Available?
Please see our Certification Roadmap for full details.