Starting out with Cyber Security
Certified Security Principles
World-class information security certifications
Security Principles are your first line of defense, but often the last box checked! The IT world never stands still! Therefore, neither can IT security. It does not matter if we are talking about the implementation of IoT devices or cloud services, security is important. According to a recent study, the top source of security incidents within a company are the current employees! Mile2 does not want you to be one of them! The Certifed Security Principles, C)SP, course is going to prepare you for security across the entire environment including understanding risk management, identity and access control, network and data security. This is just a short list of everything that we cover within this course,which will include new technologies like IoT and cloud services. This course is intended to prepare you to become a benefit to any company that is attempting to improve its security posture! With this Security Principles certification, you will be marketable to any company, anywhere in the globe!
The C)SP is a part of our Management Career Path
C)SP As Part of Response & Recovery Career Path
C)SP As Part Of The Prevention Career Path
C)SP As Part Of The Auditing Career Path
Key Course Information
Live Class Duration: 5 Days
* Live Virtual Training
* 12 months experiece with server administration
* C)SA1, C)SA2, C)HT, C)OST, C)NP or equivalent knowledge
* Mile2 C)SP
- Module 1 – Intro to IT Security
- Module 2 – Risk Management
- Module 3 – Understanding of Cryptography
- Module 4 – Undertanding Identity and Access Management
- Module 5 – Managing Data Security
- Module 6 – Managing Network Security
- Module 7 – Managing Server/Host Security
- Module 8 – Application Security for Non-Developers
- Module 9 Understanding Mobile Device Security (IoT)
- Module 10 – Managing Day to Day Security
- Module 11 – Understanding Compliance and Auditing
Who Should Attend?
* IT Professionals
* Server Administrators
* Virtualization and Cloud Administrators
Upon completion, the Certified Security Principles candidate will not only be able to competently take the C)SP exam but will also understand the principle security knowledge to keep companies’ IP and IT infrastructure safe.
All Mile2 certifications will be awarded a 3-year expiration date.
There are two requirements to maintain Mile2 certification:
1) Pass the most current version of the exam for your respective existing certification
2) Earn 20 CEUs (Continuing Education Units) per year. You may submit your CEUs in your Mile2 inbox. These CEUs must fall under “Qualify Continuing Educational Activities).
Visit our certification renewal page for more information.
The Certified Security Principles, C)SP exam is taken online through Mile2’s Assessment and Certification System (“MACS”), which is accessible on your mile2.com account.
Do I have to purchase a course to buy a certification exam?
Do all Mile2 courses map to a role-based career path?
What Mile2 Courses/Tracks are Available?
Please see our Certification Roadmap for full details.