CPTE – Certified Penetration Testing Engineer
Level 300 specialist
A Certified Penetration Testing Engineer imagines all of the ways that a hacker can penetrate a data system. You have to go beyond what you learned as an Ethical Hacker because pen testing explores technical and non-technical ways of breaching security to gain access to a system. Our C)PTE course is built on proven hands-on methods utilized by our international group of vulnerability consultants.
In this course you will learn 5 Key Elements of Pen Testing; Information Gathering, Scanning, Enumeration, Exploitation and Reporting. Plus, discover the latest vulnerabilities and the techniques malicious hackers are using to acquire and destroy data. Additionally, you will learn more about the business skills needed to identify protection opportunities, justify testing activities and optimize security controls appropriate to the business needs in order to reduce business risk.
Once you have completed this course, you will have learned everything you need know know to move forward with a career in penetration testing.
The C)PTE is a part of these Role-Based Career Path
Key Course Information
Live Class Duration: 5 Days
* Live Virtual Training
* A minimum of 12 months’ experience in networking technologies
* Sound knowledge of TCP/IP
* Knowledge of Microsoft packages
* Network+, Microsoft, Security+
* Basic Knowledge of Linux is essential
* Mile2 C)PTE
- Course Introduction
- Module 1 – Business & Technical Logistics of Pen Testing
- Module 2 – Information Gathering Reconnaissance – Passive (External Only)
- Module 3 – Detecting Live Systems – Reconnaissance (Active)
- Module 4 – Banner Grabbing and Enumeration
- Module 5 – Automated Vulnerability Assessment
- Module 6 – Hacking Operating Systems
- Module 7 – Advanced Assessment and Exploitation Techniques
- Module 8 – Evasion Techniques
- Module 9 – Hacking with PowerShell
- Module 10 – Networks and Sniffing
- Module 11 – Accessing and Hacking Web Techniques
- Module 12 – Mobile and IoT Hacking
- Module 13 – Report Writing Basics
- Appendix: Linux Fundamentals
Who Should Attend?
* Pen Testers
* Ethical Hackers
* Network Auditors
* Cybersecurity Professionals
* Vulnerability Assessors
* Cybersecurity Managers
* IS Managers
Upon completion, Certified Penetration Testing Engineer students will be able to test an information system for both physical and technical areas of weakness and offer recommendations for strengthening those areas.
All Mile2 certifications will be awarded a 3-year expiration date.
There are two requirements to maintain Mile2 certification:
1) Pass the most current version of the exam for your respective existing certification
2) Earn 20 CEUs (Continuing Education Units) per year. You may submit your CEUs in your Mile2 inbox. These CEUs must fall under “Qualify Continuing Educational Activities).
Visit our certification renewal page for more information.
The Certified Penetration Testing Engineer, C)PTE exam is taken online through Mile2’s Assessment and Certification System (“MACS”), which is accessible on your mile2.com account.
Course exams are individually priced.
NOTE: You may purchase the exam without purchasing the course.
Exam cost is not included with the purchase of a live class.
The cost of the exam is included with the purchase of an Ultimate Self-Study Combo.
Do I have to purchase a course to buy a certification exam?
Do all Mile2 courses map to a role-based career path?
What Mile2 Courses/Tracks are Available?
Please see our Certification Roadmap for full details.