Certified Penetration Testing Consultant
Level 400 Advanced
The Certified Penetration Testing Consultant, C)PTC , course is designed for IT Security Professionals and IT Network Administrators who are interested in taking an in-depth look into specific penetration testing and techniques used against operating systems. This course will teach you the necessary skills to work with a penetration testing team, the exploitation process, and how to create a buffer overflow against programs running on Windows and Linux while subverting features such as DEP and ASLR.
Key Course Information
Live Class Duration: 5 Days
* Live Virtual Training
* Mile2 C)PEH and C)PTE or equivalent knowledge
* 2 years of experience in Networking Technologies
* Sound knowledge of TCP/IP
* Computer hardware knowledge
* Mile2 C)PTC
- Module 1 – Penetration Testing Team Formation
- Module 2 – NMAP Automation
- Module 3 – Exploitation Process
- Module 4 – Fuzzing with Spike
- Module 5 – Simple Buffer Overflow
- Module 6 – Stack Based Windows Buffer Overflow
- Module 7 – Web Application Security and Exploitation
- Module 8 – Linux Stack Smashing & Scanning
- Module 9 – Linux Address Space Layout Randomization
- Module 10 – Windows Exploit Protection
- Module 11 – Getting AroundSEH ASLR
- Module 12 – Penetration Testing Report Writing
Who Should Attend?
* IS Security Officers
* Cybersecurity Managers/Administrators
* Penetration Testers
* Ethical Hackers
Upon completion, the Certified Penetration Testing Consultant, C)PTC, candidate will have solid knowledge of testing and reporting proceedures which will prepare them for upper management roles within a cybersecurity system. They will be able to competently take the C)PTC exam.
All Mile2 certifications will be awarded a 3-year expiration date.
There are two requirements to maintain Mile2 certification:
1) Pass the most current version of the exam for your respective existing certification
2) Earn 20 CEUs (Continuing Education Units) per year. You may submit your CEUs in your Mile2 inbox. These CEUs must fall under “Qualify Continuing Educational Activities).
Visit our certification renewal page for more information.
The Certified Security Awareness 2, C)SA2 exam is taken online through Mile2’s Assessment and Certification System (“MACS”), which is accessible on your mile2.com account.
Course exams are individually priced.
NOTE: You may purchase the exam without purchasing the course.
Exam cost is not included with the purchase of a live class.
The cost of the exam is included with the purchase of an Ultimate Self-Study Combo.
Do I have to purchase a course to buy a certification exam?
Do all Mile2 courses map to a role-based career path?
What Mile2 Courses/Tracks are Available?
Please see our Certification Roadmap for full details.