IS Management & Leadership
Certified Information Systems Security Officer
Level 200 specialist
If you are look for the “gotta have it” cybersecurity course, then the Certified Information Systems Security Officer is for you. The C)ISSO will prepare you with a broad range of knowledge and skills required of a security officer. However, these skills can be applied across a broad range of role-based careers. You will learn theories in security concepts, practices, monitoring and compliance in IS management.
A C)ISSO is able to implement and maintain cost-effective security controls that are closely aligned with business and industry standards. The C)ISSO certification course is an ideal way to increase knowledge, expertise, and skill for managers, auditors, and INFOSEC professionals.
At Mile2 we consider the C)ISSO to be one of our flagship courses. The things you learn in this course can be applied to management, prevention teams, and recovery professionals.
|CISSO: Certified Information Systems Security Officer - Self Study Package||$1,200.00|
|CISSO: Certified Security Principles - Exam Combo||$500.00|
|CISSO: Certified Security Principles - Exam Prep||$400.00|
The C)ISSO is a part of these Role-Based Career Paths
Key Course Information
Duration: 5 Days
* Live Virtual Training
* 1 year experience in 2 modules
* 1 year in IS Management
* Mile2 C)ISSO
- Module 1 – Risk Management
- Module 2 – Security Management
- Module 3 – Identification and Authentication
- Module 4 – Access Control
- Module 5 – Security Models and Evaluation Criteria
- Module 6 – Operations Security
- Module 7 – Vulnerability Assessments
- Module 8 – Symmetric Cryptography and Hashing
- Module 9 – Network Connections
- Module 10 – Network Protocols and Devices
- Module 11 – Telephony, VPNs, and Wireless
- Module 12 – Security Architecture and Attacks
- Module 13 – Software Development Security
- Module 14 – Database Security and System Development
- Module 15 – Malware and Software Attacks
- Module 16 – Business Continuity
- Module 17– Disaster Recovery
- Module 18 – Incident Management, Law, and Ethics
- Module 19 – Physical Security
Who Should Attend?
* IS Managers
* Risk Managers
* Information Systems Owners
* IS Control Assessors
* System Managers
* Government Employees
Upon completion, Certified IS Security Manager students will have a strong foundation in Cyber Security & IS management standards with current best practices and will be prepared to competently take the C)ISSM exam.
All Mile2 certifications will be awarded a 3-year expiration date.
There are two requirements to maintain Mile2 certification:
1) Pass the most current version of the exam for your respective existing certification
2) Earn 20 CEUs (Continuing Education Units) per year. You may submit your CEUs in your Mile2 inbox. These CEUs must fall under “Qualify Continuing Educational Activities).
Visit our certification renewal page for more information.
The Certified Information Systems Security Officer, CISSO exam is taken online through Mile2’s Assessment and Certification System (“MACS”), which is accessible on your mile2.com account.
Do I have to purchase a course to buy a certification exam?
Do all Mile2 courses map to a role-based career path?
What Mile2 Courses/Tracks are Available?
Please see our Certification Roadmap for full details.