Response & Recovery
Certified Digital Forensics Examiner
Level 200 Intermediate
The Certified Digital Forensics Examiner, C)DFE certification is designed to train Cyber Crime and Fraud Investigators. Students are taught electronic discovery and advanced investigation techniques. This course is essential to anyone encountering digital evidence while conducting an investigation. Mile2’s Certified Digital Forensics Examiner training teaches the methodology for conducting a computer forensic examination. Students will learn to use forensically sound investigative techniques in order to evaluate the scene, collect and document all relevant information, interview appropriate personnel, maintain chain-of-custody, and write a findings report. Through the use of a risk-based approach, the C)DFE is able to implement and maintain cost-effective security controls that are closely aligned with both business and industry standards.
|CDFE: Certified Digital Forensics Examiner - Exam Combo||$500.00|
|CDFE: Certified Digital Forensics Examiner Self Study Package||$1,200.00|
|CDFE: Certified Digital Forensics Examiner- Exam Prep||$400.00|
The C)DFE is a part of these Role-Based Career Paths
A+, Network+, and Security+ are registered trademarks of CompTIA
Key Course Information
Live Class Duration: 5 Days
* Live Virtual Training
* 1 year experience in computers
* Mile2 C)DFE
- Module 0 – Introduction
- Module 1 – Computer Forensic Incidents
- Module 2 – Incident Handling
- Module 3 – Computer Forensic Investigative Theory
- Module 4 – Computer Forensic Investigative Process
- Module 5 – Digital Acquisition
- Module 6 – Disks and Storages
- Module 7 – Digital Forensics Examiner Protocols
- Module 8 – Digital Evidence Protocols
- Module 9 – Digital Evidence Presentation
- Module 10 – Computer Forensic Laboratory Protocols
- Module 11– Computer Forensic Processing Techniques
- Module 12 – Specialized Artifact Recovery
- Module 13– e-Discovery and ESI
- Module 14– Mobile Device Forensics
- Module 15– Digital Forensics Reporting
Who Should Attend?
* IS Security Officers
* IS Managers
* Agents/Police Officers
* Data Owners
* IS Managers
* System Managers
* IT Managers
Upon completion, the Certified Digital Forensics Examiner candidate will be able to competently take the CDFE exam.
All Mile2 certifications will be awarded a 3-year expiration date.
There are two requirements to maintain Mile2 certification:
1) Pass the most current version of the exam for your respective existing certification
2) Earn 20 CEUs (Continuing Education Units) per year. You may submit your CEUs in your Mile2 inbox. These CEUs must fall under “Qualify Continuing Educational Activities).
Visit our certification renewal page for more information.
The CDFE – Certified Digital Forensics Examiner exam is taken online through Mile2’s Assessment and Certification System (“MACS”), which is accessible on your mile2.com account.
Course exams are individually priced.
NOTE: You may purchase the exam without purchasing the course.
Exam cost is not included with the purchase of a live class.
The cost of the exam is included with the purchase of an Ultimate Self-Study Combo.
Do I have to purchase a course to buy a certification exam?
Do all Mile2 courses map to a role-based career path?
What Mile2 Courses/Tracks are Available?
Please see our Certification Roadmap for full details.